Your beautiful garden can be attacked by pests, but the good news is the plants can be prevented and fight the pests. The chemicals must be avoided when choosing a pesticide for your plant. So in this article, we will discuss some of the home remedies to protect the plants from pests.
The Different Types Of Pests That Attack The Plants Are:
- Caterpillar: The caterpillar attacks the buds, leaves, and stems of the plants.
- White Fly: The whitefly secret the honeydew on the leaves, fruits, and stems due to which the white molds appear.
- Vine Weevil: The Vine Weevil eats the leaves making holes on the leaves.
- Slugs & Snails: This is common in every garden.
- Aphids: The green, white, and black and are known as plant lice. As the aphids and ants burrow the soil of the root that destroys the plant.
- Chafers: The chafer eats the roots of the grasses and plants.
- Capsid Bugs: They attack the new leaves and soft new stems.
So, these are some of the common pests that destroy the plant. But we can prevent these pests by using home remedies.
What Are The Different Types Of Home Remedies To Fight The Pests?
- Neem Paste: Soak the 1kg of neem leaves in 5liters of water for about 12 hours or overnight. Make a paste and extract the juice. Spray it on the bugs.
- Soap Water: Take 10 grams of non-detergent soap or washing soda. Mix it with water and spray on the pests.
- Custard Apple Seed Powder: Utilize the powder dry and sprinkle on the soil or make a paste and apply it on the stems and leaves.
- Tobacco Extract: Take 100 grams of tobacco, soak it in 4 liters of water. Make a paste and extract the juice. Sprinkle or spray the extract in the pesticides. But avoid using this spray on tomato, brinjal, chili, and capsicum.
- Chili Garlic Extract: Mix chilies and garlic cloves in equal proportion. Boil it in water and keep it for two days. Strain this and use it as a spray.
- There are many organic pesticides available online. So, use these organic steps to make your garden pest-free and healthy.