Best 5 tips to fight with pests
Your beautiful garden can be attacked by pests, but the good news is the plants can be prevented and fight the pests. The chemicals must be avoided when choosing a pesticide for your plant. So in this article, we will discuss some of the home remedies to protect the plants from pests.
The Different Types Of Pests That Attack The Plants Are:
- Caterpillar: The caterpillar attacks the buds, leaves, and stems of the plants.
2. White Fly: The whitefly secret the honeydew on the leaves, fruits, and stems due to which the white molds appear.
3. Vine Weevil: The Vine Weevil eats the leaves making holes on the leaves.
4. Slugs & Snails: This is common in every garden.
5. Aphids: The green, white, and black and are known as plant lice. As the aphids and ants burrow the soil of the root that destroys the plant.
6. Chafers: The chafer eats the roots of the grasses and plants.
7. Capsid Bugs: They attack the new leaves and soft new stems.
So, these are some of the common pests that destroy the plant. But we can prevent these pests by using home remedies.
What Are The Different Types Of Home Remedies To Fight The Pests?
- Neem Paste: Soak the 1kg of neem leaves in 5liters of water for about 12 hours or overnight. Make a paste and extract the juice. Spray it on the bugs.
2. Soap Water: Take 10 grams of non-detergent soap or washing soda. Mix it with water and spray on the pests.
3. Custard Apple Seed Powder: Utilize the powder dry and sprinkle on the soil or make a paste and apply it on the stems and leaves.
4. Tobacco Extract: Take 100 grams of tobacco, soak it in 4 liters of water. Make a paste and extract the juice. Sprinkle or spray the extract in the pesticides. But avoid using this spray on tomato, brinjal, chili, and capsicum.
There are many organic pesticides available online. So, use these organic steps to make your garden pest-free and healthy.
Here are some other blogs which make your Green Space more Greener!
- Gardening Calender Blogs
- Sustainable Gifting Ideas
- Gardener Stories
- Garden Care Blogs
- Miniature Garden Decor
- Gardening Workshops
Here, are some amazing videos on gardening!
- Tips on planting homegrown plants and creating art with it as a beginner.
- How to preserve, plant and grow flower seeds in monsoon, winter and other seasons.
- Growing different vegetables, winter vegetables especially and tips and tricks to preserve.
- Preserving fruits such as strawberries, Papaya, watermelon, muskmelon etc.
- Know all about microgreens using examples such as microgreen spinach, microgreen sunflower, microgreen mustard, microgreen flax etc.
- Using gardening tools such as pots, trays, growing bags, moss sticks and watering cans etc.