5 Best Cacti and Succulents to Buy in Monsoons
Succulents are plants that are fleshy and bulbous. The roots of these plants are quite close to the soil’s surface, and the leaves are either spherical or cylindrical. Cacti are slow-growing plants that require little upkeep. Due to their adaptability to drought, these plants store water in their stems and leaves.
However, all cacti are succulents, but all succulents are not cacti. This term just indicates that cactus and succulents differ from one another. Succulents are fleshy plants with stems, roots, and leaves that can store water. It includes plants like Sedum, Haworthia, or Aloe. Cacti are also fleshy plants that can hold water thus, they are one of the many subcategories of the enormous group of plants known as succulents.
Here we have recommended 5 good cacti and succulents to grow this monsoon. They are-
This name is distinctive among succulent plants. The snake plant, also known as Dracaena trifasciata has leaves that resemble pointed snake-like straight patterns. Long, tapering green leaves with vivid yellow accents are seen on the plant. It requires little care and may survive for weeks without water. These houseplants are invincible and easy to maintain.
Aloe vera, also known as Aloe Barbadensis Miller, is a popular indoor succulent plant in India. Due to its medicinal qualities, the plant is popular and often used in skincare and health care. It is a stemless plant with thick leaves that provide sap that is utilized to make healthy fluids and has a significant cooling impact on the skin. These are pest-resistant plants which require moderate care.
Moon cactus are the most beautiful succulent which is widely popular in India. It is a combination of two cacti varieties which are grafted together. The bright color flowers are unable to thrive on their own and are dependent on the green cacti plant. These low-maintenance plants require little sunlight and watering in 10 days intervals.
Hoya, also known as Hoya carnosa is popularly known as valentine plant. These beautiful succulent plants look stunning during full bloom. The leaves of the plant are heart-shaped and pretty big. During the full colour with red and pink flowers, these give a pleasant scent and will brighten up your small green space.
Crowns of Thorns
These perennial plants got their name from the countless thorns that spread their entire form. Though these can grow in woody scrubs they are also ideal houseplants. These are low-maintenance plants and only demand 3 – 4 hours of daily sunlight. These evergreen plants require watering in intervals of 10 days.
Here are some other blogs which make your Green Space more Greener!
- Gardening Calendar Blogs
- Sustainable Gifting Ideas
- Gardener Stories
- Garden Care Blogs
- Miniature Garden Decor
- Gardening Workshops
Have a look at some amazing Videos on Gardening that might help you!
- Tips on planting homegrown plants and creating art with them as a beginner.
- How to preserve, plant, and grow flower seeds in monsoon, winter, and other seasons.
- Growing different vegetables, winter vegetables especially, and tips and tricks to preserve.
- Preserving fruits such as strawberries, Papaya, watermelon, muskmelon, etc.
- Know all about microgreens using examples such as microgreen spinach, microgreen sunflower, microgreen mustard, microgreen flax, etc.
- Using gardening tools such as pots, trays, growing bags, moss sticks, watering cans, etc.
Here are some Workshops that might help you if you are new to Gardening!
- Convert your small space into a green jungle.
- How to upcycle DIY’s for home decor
- Watch our workshop on using biochemical enzymes instead of chemicals in gardening.
- Workshop on stepping towards sustainability.