5 Gardening Influencers To Follow In June
With the rise in sustainable living practices, gardening has become a wholesome activity worldwide. Few influencers on social media have come forward to share their love for nature and teach society about organic ways to grow plants at home. Here we have listed five influencers you can follow and learn to grow plants at home.
1. Tanvi Chauhan
She is an agriculturalist and an enthusiastic indoor organic gardener. Tanvi likes to grow plants on her balcony and has a deep love for tulsi plants. Tanvi talks immensely about organic farming and also harvests her veggies. She also has a social media handle with the name “organicvibes4you“.
2. Shilpa Teja
Shilpa is a textile designer by profession and a Permaculturist by passion. She is a social media influencer who is implementing permaculture principles at her farm known as “oornafarm“, to make it a self-sustaining living space. She also carries out volunteering services at her farm. She not only talks about permaculture but also regenerative living, seed saving, community space, etc. According to her, permaculture is a practice wherein we grow food for ourselves as well as build an ecosystem for birds and insects to thrive.
3. Suresh Kumar G.
Suresh is a sculptor designer by profession and a gardener by passion. He is the founder of “sarjapura curries“. He talks greatly about naturally growing wild vegetables and greens. He is currently working on a community gardening project called “Sarjapur Curries”, which aims at reviving the lost knowledge of growing wild vegetables and greens in a natural farming method. His basic idea is to create an integrated farm that existed 50 years ago.
4. Sipy Mohanty
Sipy is a preschool teacher and a gardening enthusiast. She also maintains and grows her plants on her balcony. She also manages her Instagram handle with the name “beleaf“. Sipy believes in the simple tips to follow to grow a beautiful garden. Due to her love for plants, she also does live streaming of her plants.
5. Reema Gopalan
Reema is a gardening educator and social media influencer. Her social media account is “reemasgarden“. She is a gardener with no agriculture, horticulture, or botany background. Her journey from a gardener to an influencer began when she recognized the problem of unorganized information in this field. She writes blogs and does online workshops to impart wisdom and knowledge on ways to do gardening. She has also developed a few gardening courses and has written two ebooks.
Here are some other blogs which make your Green Space Greener!
- Gardening Calendar Blogs
- Sustainable Gifting Ideas
- Gardener Stories
- Garden Care Blogs
- Miniature Garden Decor
- Gardening Workshops
Have a look at some amazing Videos of Gardening that might help you!
- Tips on planting homegrown plants and creating art with them as a beginner.
- How to preserve, plant, and grow flower seeds in monsoon, winter, and other seasons.
- Growing different vegetables, winter vegetables especially, and tips and tricks to preserve.
- Preserving fruits such as strawberries, Papaya, watermelon, muskmelon, etc.
- Know all about microgreens using examples such as microgreen spinach, microgreen sunflower, microgreen mustard, microgreen flax, etc.
- Using gardening tools such as pots, trays, growing bags, moss sticks, watering cans, etc.
Here are some Workshops that might help you if you are new to Gardening!
- Watch our Gardening Talks with Reema’s Garden.
- Learn about organic gardening from our Gardening Talks with Organicvibes4you.
- Watch our workshop on Urban Permaculture.
- Learn how to grow natural wild greens and vegetables.
- Watch our workshop on how to make quirky, quick DIY planters.