The environment is affected by pollution day by day. So, it’s our responsibility to check our indoor pollution by planting air purifying plants as it absorbs the carbon dioxide or other harmful gases and releases oxygen at night also. The plants are easy to grow and it needs the least amount of care. It can be used to decorate our bedrooms, living area, bathroom, or in the garden. So, in this article, we will discuss some of the air purifiers or oxygen-producing plants that are easily available in the market.
5 air purifying or oxygen-producing plants
1. Aloe Vera- Low maintenance air purifier:
- Aloe Vera doesn’t require much water and requires partial sunlight. Give water 2-3 times every week or two (when the soil becomes dry).
- It works effectively in cleaning benzene and formaldehyde from the indoor air.
- The plant has many medicinal benefits and is also used in cosmetic industries.
2. Peace Lily- An air purifier that symbolizes peace:
- It is a very beautiful plant that has white-colored flowers.
- Peace lilies grow well in partial light. If kept in direct sunlight, it will lead to the leaves turning yellow and then brown.
- It should be watered once in three to four days a week.
- The plant improves indoor air condition to an extent of 60%.
- It is also known to consume harmful gases from alcohol and acetone.
- Symbolized as a plant of purity, peace, and integrity. Thus, it will make a great place anywhere in the home.
3. Money Plant- The air purifier that considers as good luck:
- The Money plant develops well under indirect sunlight.
- It needs water every week.
- The Money plant has a high cleansing rate but is toxic to cats, dogs, and small children if the leaves are ingested.
- Removes toxins and different chemicals from the air. mainly benzene, formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene.
4. Snake Plant- An air purifier that grows in no sunlight:
- Snake plants grow well under indirect sunlight.
- Water them once or twice every week.
- It cleanses by removing benzene, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene, xylene, and toluene.
5. Areca Palm- Air purifier which is used as a home decor:
- Areca Palm grows well in partial sunlight.
- Water them when it’s dry.
- Areca Palm also cleanses the atmosphere where it is situated by eliminating harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene.