Coreopsis seeds are low-maintenance, drought-tolerant, and produce a long blooming flower.
How To Sow Coreopsis Seeds?
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 4 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Seeds will germinate within 2-3 weeks.
- The time to flower is approximately 10 weeks.
- The best time to sow coreopsis seeds is in early summer.
How Much Water Does Coreopsis Seeds Need?
- The seeds need water three times a week.
- Water them on the root area.
- Don’t water them on the leaves.
Does Coreopsis Need Full Sunlight?
- Yes, it needs full sunlight.
- But protect them from excess heat.
- The idle temperature to grow the coreopsis is from 20° C to 25° C.
What Is The Best Soil Type For Coreopsis?
- The best soil type is fertile, well-drained, sandy, or loamy soil.
- The pH of the soil must be neutral.
What Is The Best Fertilizer For Coreopsis?
- VermiCompost for nutrients every week.
- Seaweed for better germination.
- Epsom salt for fruits once a month.
- If you want to grow in a pot, then take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix. The potting mix contains all the essential nutrients that a plant needs.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost, and Seaweed.
Varieties Of Coreopsis
- Coreopsis Rosea ‘Nana’
- Coreopsis Verticillata Zagreb
- Verticillata Moonbeam
- Coreopsis Grandiflora ‘ early sunrise’ and ‘golden showers’.