Muskmelon seeds are easy to grow and are edible. The seeds are rich in nutrition as it contains oils and energy. It can be grown on a balcony, terrace, or garden. Also, musk melon is a sun-loving plant.
How To Sow Muskmelon Seeds?
- Soak the seeds in a wet tissue overnight before planting.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep holes and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Seeds will germinate within a week or two.
- The time to fruit is 13 weeks.
- The best time to grow muskmelon is in early summer.
How Much Water Does Muskmelon Seeds Need?
- Water the plant every day.
- Remember to water on the root area, not on the leaves.
- Make a drainage system, so the excess water can flow.
- If growing in a pot, make a drainage hole.
Does Muskmelon Seeds Require Full Sunlight?
- Yes, muskmelon needs full sunlight.
- But if there is excess heat, protect them with a shield.
- The best temperature to grow muskmelon is from 21-32° C.
Which Type Of Soil Is Best For Muskmelon?
- Muskmelon prefers sandy loamy soil. Or sandy soil.
- It prefers a soil pH of 6 to 7.8.
- The soil must be fertile and have a good drainage system.
Which Fertilizer Is Best For Muskmelon?
- VermiCompost for nutrients every week.
- Seaweed for better germination.
- Epsom salt for fruits once a month.