Asparagus’s newly formed shoots, roots, and underground stems are used to make medicine. The shoots are also used as a food source. Asparagus is used along with lots of fluids as irrigation therapy. Try our Non-GMO Asparagus Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 5
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – up to 5 feet
- Type – indoor (balcony/ terrace)
- Aroma – smells like sulfurous gases
- Flavor – salty and bitter
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – every day (summer)/ alternate days (winter)
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 3 – 6 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 60°F – 70°F
- Season – perennial
- Sowing – spring
HOW TO GROW ASPARAGUS FROM SEEDS
- Take a Growbg and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make (5) ½ inch deep hole and put seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Water every day during summer and alternate days during winter.
- Seeds will germinate within 3 – 6 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Asparagus officinalis
asparagus seed in hindi: shataavaree beej (शतावरी बीज)
asparagus seed in tamil: asparakas vitai (அஸ்பாரகஸ் விதை)
asparagus seed in telugu: asparagas sid (ఆస్పరాగస్ సీడ్)
asparagus seed in kannada: satavari bija (ಶತಾವರಿ ಬೀಜ)
asparagus seed in marathi: satavari biyane (शतावरी बियाणे)
asparagus seed in malayalam: shathaavari vithu (ശതാവരി വിത്ത്)
Other names: Sparrow grass, garden asparagus