Balsams are exotic and modest plants that every gardening enthusiast would appreciate. It serves to be a go-to flowering plant every home garden must be decorated with. Try our Non-GMO Balsam Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 20
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – 20 – 75 cm
- Flower Color – mixed
- Type – indoor (balcony) or outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – alternate days
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 – 2 weeks
- Flowering Time – 10 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 60°F – 70°F
- Season – annual
- Sowing – january – february or may – july
HOW TO GROW BALSAM FROM SEEDS
- Soak the seeds for 4 – 6 hours before planting.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 4 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Water on alternate days.
- Seeds will germinate within 1 – 2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Impatiens balsamina
balsam seed in hindi: balasam beej (बलसम बीज)
balsam seed in tamil: palcam vitai (பால்சம் விதை)
balsam seed in telugu: balsam sid (బాల్సమ్ సీడ్)
balsam seed in kannada: balsam bija (ಬಾಲ್ಸಾಮ್ ಬೀಜ)
balsam seed in marathi: sugandhi utane biyane (सुगंधी उटणे बियाणे)
balsam seed in malayalam: baalsam vithu (ബാൽസം വിത്ത്)
Other names: Garden balsam, rose balsam