Basil is a traditional green color, but some are eye-catching purple. Purple basils are unusual and attractive growing in home gardens. They are insanely aromatic. Try our Non-GMO Black Basil Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 20
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – 18 – 24 inches
- Type – indoor (balcony/ terrace)
- Aroma – similar to pepper, anise, and mint
- Flavor – clove flavor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – every 3 – 4 days
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Suitable Temperature – 75°F – 85°F
- Season – annual
- Sowing – summer
HOW TO GROW BASIL BLACK FROM SEEDS
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Sprinkle the seeds around the Growbag.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat lightly and spray with water.
- Water every 3 – 4 days.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil adds Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Ocimum basilicum
basil black seed in hindi: tulasee ka kaala beej (तुलसी का काला बीज)
basil black seed in tamil: tulaci karuppu vitai (துளசி கருப்பு விதை)
basil black seed in telugu: tulasi nalla ginnja (తులసి నల్ల గింజ)
basil black seed in kannada: tulasi kappu bija (ತುಳಸಿ ಕಪ್ಪು ಬೀಜ)
basil black seed in marathi: tulasa kale biyane (तुळस काळे बियाणे)
basil black seed in malayalam: besil karutha vithu (ബേസിൽ കറുത്ത വിത്ത്)
Other names: Purple basil