Calendulas are giant daisy head flowers with broad petals and refreshing colours. They are good to grow throughout summer and the end of fall. Calendulas can be grown in pots or growing bags provided with essential sunlight. Try our Non-GMO Calendula Pacific Beauty Seeds. To know more click here (Youtube)
Number of seeds in a packet – 10
- Colour – Mix
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – 1-2 times a week
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Flowering time – 2 weeks
- Suitable Temperature -18°C – 25°C
- Season – Annual
- Sowing – March-May or August- September
- Harvesting – May or September
HOW TO GROW
- Soak the seeds for 4-6 hours before planting.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 4 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water 1-2 times a week.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to flower is 2 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Calendula officinalis
Hindi: Genda phool (गेन्दाफूल)
Kannada: Mugetugalu (ಮೂಗೇಟುಗಳು)
Bengali: Gamda (গাঁদা)
Tamil: Saamandhi (சாமந்தி)
Telugu: Bantipuvvu (బంతి పువ్వు)
Marathi: jhendu (झेंडू)
Malayalam: jamanti (ജമന്തി)