Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage are notorious for being chock-full of beneficial nutrients. If you are trying to improve your diet, cruciferous vegetables are a good place to start. The Red Cabbage may help protect against radiation, prevent cancer, and reduce heart disease risk. Try the Demand Agro Red Cabbage F1 Hybrid Seeds. To know more click here ( Youtube )
- Difficulty Level-Easy
- Type- Outdoor
- Color- Red
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Alternate days
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Repotting Time- 2 weeks
- Flowering Time – 6-8 weeks
- Fruiting Time – 10-12 weeks
- Harvesting time – 13 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 15°C – 21°C
- Season – Annual
- Sowing – Spring
HOW TO GROW
- Soak the seeds for 4-6 hours before planting.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 4 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using spray gun or spray bottle.
- Water on alternate days.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Re-pot the sapling to a Medium Size Pot in 2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to harvest is 13 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Brassica oleracea var. capitata
Hindi: laal gobhee(लाल गोभी)
Bengali: Lāla bām̐dhākapi(লাল বাঁধাকপি)
Telegu: Erra kyābējī(ఎర్ర క్యాబేజీ)
Malayalam: cuvanna kābēj(ചുവന്ന കാബേജ്)
Marathi: Lāla kōbī(लाल कोबी)
Kannada: Kempu elekōsu(ಕೆಂಪು ಎಲೆಕೋಸು)
Tamil: Civappu muṭṭaikkōs(சிவப்பு முட்டைக்கோஸ்)