Dianthus belongs to the family of Carnation. They have flowers with a 3cm diameter with 5 petals (frilly ends). Dianthus have various variegated and plain flowers in multiple colors like red, pink, white, and lavender. Dianthus is fragrant and perennial. Dianthus are popular among gardeners. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
- Number of saplings in a net pot – 1
- Sapling Height – 2 inches
- Watering – when the soil dries then only water (not soggy)
- Sunlight – partial shade or bright indirect sunlight
- Difficulty Level – moderately easy
- Plant Height – 2 feet
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – when the soil dries then only water
- Sunlight – at least 6 hours of direct sunlight
- Suitable Temperature – 50°F – 75°F
HOW TO PLANT A SAPLING
- Take the sapling along with the net pot and choose the appropriate container for your plant.
- Seal the holes of the pot at the bottom.
- Pour potting soil more than half of the size of the pot.
- Then make a hole with your finger in the centre of the potting soil and place your sapling along with the net pot.
- Cover it with soil again and water thoroughly.
Botanical name: Dianthus caryophyllus
dianthus mix plant sapling in hindi: daayanthas miks paudhe ka paudha (डायन्थस मिक्स पौधे का पौधा)
dianthus mix plant sapling in tamil: dianthus kalavai ceti kanru (dianthus கலவை செடி கன்று)
dianthus mix plant sapling in telugu: dianthus miks mokka naru (dianthus మిక్స్ మొక్క నారు)
dianthus mix plant sapling in kannada: dayanthas miśra sasya sasi (ಡಯಾಂಥಸ್ ಮಿಶ್ರ ಸಸ್ಯ ಸಸಿ)
dianthus mix plant sapling in marathi: dianthus miksa vanaspati ropate (dianthus मिक्स वनस्पती रोपटे)
dianthus mix plant sapling in malayalam: dianthus mix plaat thaikal (dianthus മിക്സ് പ്ലാന്റ് തൈകൾ)
Other names: Cheddar pinks, clove pinks, cottage pinks, eastern star, gillyflowers, maiden pinks, rainbow pinks, sweet william