Cowpea is a pod vegetable of the Legume family. It’s consumed in fried and blanched forms across different regions of India. The plant has medicinal properties too. Buy our organic non-GMO cowpea seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 1 KGP
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – 3 – 8 feet
- Fruit/ Vegetable Color – light green to dark green
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – three days after sowing; thereafter at an interval of 7 – 10 days
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – within 1 week
- Flowering Time – 5 weeks
- Harvesting Time – 7 – 8 weeks after sowing
- Suitable Temperature – 70°F – 90°F
- Season – all seasons
HOW TO GROW LOBIYA COWPEA FROM SEEDS
- Take a medium to bigger sized pot or grow bag and fill it with Potting Mix.
- Make ½ inch deep holes and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Potting Mix and spray with water.
- Water as instructed above.
- Seeds will germinate within one week.
- Sow the seeds in a Seedling Tray filled with Cocopeat and replant it within one week after seedling emergence.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Vigna unguiculata
raunak lobiya cowpea seed in hindi: raunak lobiya beej (रौनक लोबिया बीज)
raunak lobiya cowpea seed in tamil: raunak lopiya kaupi vitai (ரௌனக் லோபியா கௌபீ விதை)
raunak lobiya cowpea seed in telugu: raunak lobiya avupeda vittanam (రౌనక్ లోబియా ఆవుపేడ విత్తనం)
raunak lobiya cowpea seed in kannada: raunak lobiya govinajola bija (ರೌನಕ್ ಲೋಬಿಯಾ ಗೋವಿನಜೋಳ ಬೀಜ)
raunak lobiya cowpea seed in marathi: raunaka lobiya cavalice bi (रौनक लोबिया चवळीचे बी)
raunak lobiya cowpea seed in malayalam: rounak lobiya coupayar vithu (റൗണക് ലോബിയ കൗപയർ വിത്ത്)