Lotuses are the beauty that grows in water. Lotus in our home garden adds a beauty element to it. Try our Non-GMO Lotus Seeds. (lotues seed)To know more click here (Youtube)
Number of seeds in a packet – 3
- Colour – Pink
- Type – Outdoor Water Plant
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Grows in Water
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Flowering time – 2-2.5 years
- Suitable Temperature – 24°C – 28°C
Season – Annual HOW TO GROW LOTUS FROM SEEDS
- Use a water-tight container without drainage holes. This will be your planting container.
- Fill the container with at least 4 inches of soil and enough water just to wet soil (no standing water).
- Gently place the tuber on the surface of the wet soil.
- Now cover the tuber with a small amount of soil, about 4 inches, with growth tips pointing upwards. The growth tips should remain slightly above the soil with the rest of the tuber buried.
- Cover the soil with a thin layer of sand or gravel.
- Fill with more water to cover the tuber above the tips. The growth tips should be covered with water at all times, as water evaporates, replace daily or every other day with more water.
- Place in a sunny spot.
ALTERNATE NAME for LOTUS SEEDS
Botanical name: Nelumbo Nucifera
Hindi: Kamal (कमल)
Tamil: Tamarai (தாமரை)
Telugu: Kamalam (కమలం)
Kannada: Kamala (ಕಮಲ)
Bengali: Padma (পদ্ম)
Marathi: Kamala (कमळ)
Malayalam: Tamara (താമര)