Moringa is a multi-purpose plant whose leaf is used for medical purposes. The leaves, flowers and fruits can be cooked and consumed. It is rich in iron and minerals. Try our Non-GMO Moringa Seeds (Drumsticks). To know more click here (Youtube)
Number of seeds in a packet – 3
- Difficulty Level-Moderate
- Plant Height- 30-43 feet
- Type- Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Alternate days
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Repotting Time- 2-3 weeks
- Flowering Time – 30 weeks
- Fruiting Time – 35 weeks
- Harvesting time – 37 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 15°C – 30°C
- Season – Annual
- Sowing – Summer
HOW TO GROW
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using spray gun or spray bottle.
- Water on alternate days.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Re-pot the sapling to a Medium Size Pot in 2-3 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to harvest is 37 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Moringa oleifera
Hindi: Sahjan (सहजन)
Tamil: Murungai (மோரிங்கா)
Telugu: Mulaga (ములాగా)
Kannada: Nuggekai (ನುಗ್ಗೆಕೈ)
Bengali: Sojna (সজনা)
Marathi: Sujana (सुजना)
Malayalam: Moringai (മോറിംഗ)