Moringa is a multi-purpose plant whose leaf is used for medical purposes. The leaves, flowers and fruits can be cooked and consumed. It is rich in iron and minerals. Try our Non-GMO Moringa Seeds (Drumsticks). Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 3
- Difficulty Level – moderate
- Plant Height – 10 – 12 meters
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – alternate days
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Harvesting Time – 37 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 60°F – 85°F
- Season – annual
- Sowing – summer
HOW TO GROW MORINGA (DRUMSTICKS) FROM SEEDS
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Water on alternate days.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Re-pot the sapling to a Medium Size Pot in 2 – 3 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to harvest is 37 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Moringa oleifera
moringa (drumsticks) seed in hindi: sahajan beej (सहजन बीज)
moringa (drumsticks) seed in tamil: murunkai vitai (முருங்கை விதை)
moringa (drumsticks) seed in telugu: moringa vittanam (మోరింగ విత్తనం)
moringa (drumsticks) seed in kannada: moringa bija (ಮೊರಿಂಗಾ ಬೀಜ)
moringa (drumsticks) seed in marathi: moringa biyane (मोरिंगा बियाणे)
moringa (drumsticks) seed in malayalam: muringa vithu (മുരിങ്ങ വിത്ത്)
Other names: Drumstick tree, senjana, horseradish tree