Peas are a popular green vegetable. They are also nutritious and contain a fair amount of fiber and antioxidants. Try our Non-GMO pea seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 5
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – up to 4 feet
- Pod Color – green
- Flower Color – varies
- Type – indoor & outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – 3 – 4 times a week
- Sunlight – full Sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 – 2 weeks
- Fruiting Time – 12 – 14 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 45°F – 85°F
- Season – winter to early spring
- Sowing – october – november (in plain areas) and march – may (in hills)
HOW TO GROW PEAS FROM SEEDS
- Soak the seeds in water overnight before planting.
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Potting Mix.
- Sprinkle the seeds around the Growbag.
- Cover the seeds lightly with Potting Mix and spray with water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Water 3 – 4 times a week.
- Seeds will germinate within 1 – 2 weeks.
- Full Sunlight is needed.
Botanical name: Pisum sativum
pea seed in hindi: matar ka beej (मटर का बीज)
pea seed in tamil: pattani vitai (பட்டாணி விதை)
pea seed in telugu: bathani ginnja (బఠానీ గింజ)
pea seed in kannada: batani bija (ಬಟಾಣಿ ಬೀಜ)
pea seed in marathi: vatana biyane (वाटाणा बियाणे)
pea seed in malayalam: kadala vithu (കടല വിത്ത്)