Tinda is a common vegetable in Indian households. There are a plethora of dishes you could prepare from tinda – curries to koftas. It’s great for hydrating your body and has good water content. Try the Raunak Seeds Tinda Desi Special.
- Difficulty Level – Easy
- Flower color – White
- Vine height – 1- 6 feet
- Fruit/Vegetable color – Light to leafy green
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed and Epsom salt once a month.
- Watering – Everyday
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 2 weeks
- Flowering Time – 3-4 weeks
- Vegetable forming Time – 4-5 weeks
- Time of Harvesting – 11-12 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 25°C -32°C
- Season – All seasons except peak winters
HOW TO GROW
- Take a medium to bigger sized pot or grow bag and fill it with Potting Mix.
- Make ½ inch deep holes and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Potting Mix and spray with water using spray gun or spray bottle.
- Keep the soil moist, not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within two weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Time of harvest is 11-12 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost and Seaweed.
Botanical Name: Lagenaria siceraria
Marathi: Lauki (लौकी)
Malayalam: Peareatta (പൊറോട്ട)