Red sandalwood grows as a tree and is used for medicinal and aromatic uses. The wood at the center of the trunk (heartwood) and the bark are used as medicine. Try your hands out on one of the most auspicious seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 5
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – 5 – 8 metres
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – twice per week
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 45 days
- Suitable Temperature – 68°F – 104°F
- Season – perennial
- Sowing – may – june
HOW TO GROW RED SANDAL WOOD FROM SEEDS
- Take a small shovel or a trowel. Create a planting hole that is 30 by 3 centimeters (11 by 1 inches).
- When the seedlings are around 1 month old, transplant them.
- Plant the sandalwood seedlings within 1 meter (3.3 feet) of the host plants.
- Remove any weeds that are competing for moisture around the sandalwood tree, especially during the first year.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Pterocarpus santalinus
red sandal wood seed in hindi: laal chandan kee lakadee ka beej (लाल चंदन की लकड़ी का बीज)
red sandal wood seed in tamil: civappu cantana mara vitai (சிவப்பு சந்தன மர விதை)
red sandal wood seed in telugu: erra candanam cekka vittanam (ఎర్ర చందనం చెక్క విత్తనం)
red sandal wood seed in kannada: kempu candana marada bija (ಕೆಂಪು ಚಂದನ ಮರದ ಬೀಜ)
red sandal wood seed in marathi: lala candana lakuda biyane (लाल चंदन लाकूड बियाणे)
red sandal wood seed in malayalam: chuvanna chandana maravithu (ചുവന്ന ചന്ദന മരവിത്ത്)
Other names: Red sanders, red saunders, yerra chandanam, chenchandanam, rakta chandana, saunderswood