The snake gourd belongs to the family of Cucurbitaceae. It is a trailing vine with yellow flowers and club shaped leaves. It is rich in vitamin A, B and C. Try our non GMO snake gourd seeds.
Number of seeds in a packet – 5
- Difficulty Level – Medium
- Vegetable Color – Green with white stripes
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients once a week, Seaweed and Epsom salt once a month each.
- Watering – interval of 5 days between watering
- Sunlight – Full sun
- Germination Time – 10-20 days
- Time Till Harvest – 135-145 days
- Suitable Temperature – 27-35 °C
- Season – Any season except peak winter
HOW TO GROW
- Place 1 seed in each hole (1 inch) of a grow bag or pot containing Potting Mix and cover them with potting mix.
- Keep the soil moist.
- Seeds will geminate within 20 days.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Go for pre-soaking of seeds for better results.
- Go for basin method if going to sow in soil. Irrigate the basin before sowing.
- 2.Sow the seeds after adding Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost and Seaweed.
- to the medium.
Botanical Name: Trichosanthes cucumerina
Hindi : Chichinda (चिचिण्डा)
Tamil : Putalankay (புடலங்காய்)
Telugu : Pamu Gum’madikaya (పాము గుమ్మడికాయ)
Kannada : Havina Sorekayi (ಹಾವಿನ ಸೋರೆಕಾಯಿ)
Odia : Chachindra (ଛଚିନ୍ଦ୍ରା)
Marathi : Sapa Bhopala (साप भोपळा)
Bengali: Cicinga (চিচিঙ্গা)