Bright yellow that adds a poster-like effect to our garden can now be in your garden. Try our Non-GMO Sunflower Tall Seeds. These flowers get their name from the characteristic of turning their heads to the face of the sun.
Number of seeds in a packet – 5
- Colour – Yellow
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Everyday
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1-2 weeks
- Flowering time – 5-6 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 21°C – 25°C
- Season – Annual
Sowing – early spring
Harvesting – 125 days from planting
HOW TO GROW
- Soak the sunflower seeds for 12-24 hours in water.
- Take a Seedling tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 2 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Sow the seeds vertically on the sprouting side.
- Water every day.
- Seeds will germinate within 1-2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to flower is 5-6 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem cake powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Helianthus annuus
Hindi: Surajmukhi (सूरजमुखी)
Tamil: Suryagandhi (சூரியகாந்தி)
Kannada: Suryakanti (ಸೂರ್ಯಕಾಂತಿ)
Bengali: Suryamukhi (সূর্যমুখী)
Marathi: Surya Phula (सूर्यफूल)
Malayalam: Suryakanti (സൂര്യകാന്തി)