Tar Kakri or Armenian cucumber is a long longitudinally grooved vegetable that is usually eaten raw. It tastes similar to the common cucumber and contains lots of fibers. Try our Non-GMO Tar Kakri seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 5
- Difficulty Level – medium
- Plant Height – 35 to 40 cm
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed, and Epsom salt once a month
- Watering – every day
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 – 2 weeks
- Harvesting Time – 7 – 9 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 65°F – 80°F
- Season – all seasons
HOW TO GROW TAR KAKRI FROM SEEDS
- Take a medium to bigger sized pot or grow bag and fill it with Potting Mix.
- Make ½ inch deep holes and put 2 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Potting Mix and spray with water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Seeds will germinate within 1 – 2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time of harvest is 7 – 9 weeks.
- Sow the seeds in a Seedling Tray filled with Cocopeat and replant it within one week after seedling emergence.
- If planting in the soil adds Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Cucumis melo
tar kakri seed in hindi: taar kakaree beej (टार ककरी बीज)
tar kakri seed in tamil: tar kakri vitai (தார் காக்ரி விதை)
tar kakri seed in telugu: taru kakri vittanam (తారు కక్రి విత్తనం)
tar kakri seed in kannada: tar kakri bija (ತಾರ್ ಕಾಕ್ರಿ ಬೀಜ)
tar kakri seed in marathi: tar kakri biyane (तार काकरी बियाणे)
tar kakri seed in malayalam: tar kakri vithu (ടാർ കക്രി വിത്ത്)