Zucchini is a traditional staple vegetable of the ratatouille recipe. This leaner member of the squash family improves digestion and lowers down blood sugar level. Try our organic zucchini seeds.
Number of seeds in a packet – 4
- Difficulty Level- Easy
- Individual plants may occupy 10 to 16 square feet, suitable for container gardening and hanging pots as well. Cross pollination is required for fruiting.
- Flower Color – Yellow
- Fruit Color – Green
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Regularly (keep the potting mix moist, not soggy)
- Sunlight – Full sunlight for maximum 6 hours.
- Germination Time – 1 to 2 weeks
- Repotting Time- 3 to 4 weeks
- Flowering Time – 4 to 5 weeks
- Harvesting Time – 8 to 9 weeks
- Suitable Temperature For germination – 25 to 32°C
- Suitable Temperature For growth – 20 to 35°C
- Season – Warm season
HOW TO GROW
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make 1 inch deep holes and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Keep the soil moist, not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within 1-2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Also prefers direct sowing.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost and Seaweed.
Botanical name : Cucurbita pepo
Hindi : turee (तुरई)
Tamil : Cīmai curaikkāy (சீமை சுரைக்காய்)
Telugu : Gum’maḍikāya (గుమ్మడికాయ)
Kannada : Kumbaḷakāyiyannu hōluva cīnīkāyi (ಕುಂಬಳಕಾಯಿಯನ್ನು ಹೋಲುವ ಚೀನೀಕಾಯಿ)
Bengali: Jucini (জুচিনি)