Diwali is the festival of lights, celebrated widely in every nook and corner of India with great enthusiasm. It lasts for 5 days but is waited for, for months! But we have been very unfair to the festival. Celebrating the festival does not require firecrackers and noise pollution, which happens in the country every year! Let’s bring a change for the betterment of the environment and buy sustainable products online to gift this Diwali!
1. Plantable Seed Balls
Plantable seed balls are sustainable products online which is what you need if you know someone who loves gardening but hates to plant the seeds! You can also buy it for yourself if you are such a person. Plantable seed balls are the easiest way of planting seeds in your garden. All you need to do is place them in your garden and water them. Buy sustainable products online to reap the benefits of plantable seed balls. They are quick and easy to use.
You must be wondering what makes these balls so special. These are balls of red soil with a stuffing of seeds. The seeds planted in the balls are usually Neem, Sunflower, Bitter gourd, Bottle Gourd, and Morning glory as they grow easily. They are an amazing option for a gift if you happen to know a gardening enthusiast! You can buy sustainable products online at affordable prices!
2. Germination Kit
If you know someone who wants to start gardening and would love to get a beginner’s gardening kit, then the germination kit is for you! This kit contains a cocopeat, a seedling tray, seeds, a spray bottle, and a wooden spoon. This is the best sustainable product online that you will find in a sustainable living store. The purpose of each product is listed below:
- Cocopeat: It is made by extracting and grinding coconut husk. Cocopeat is recommended for gardening as it retains moisture and does not soak in excessive water, this prevents the plant from getting root rot.
- Seedling tray: The seedling tray is used to plant the seeds easily and for easy germination. The seedling tray has 4 holes in it for the seeds. The seedling tray is provided to ensure that the plantation is not done in big buckets, as some people do. The seedling tray is reusable.
- Spray Bottle: One spray bottle will be provided in the germination kit to make it easier for the person to water the seeds. Some people overwater the plants, which results in no good but also kills the plant. The spray bottle provides the necessary moisture to the plant, without killing it.
- Wooden Spoon: The wooden spoon is given for the user to plant the seeds or handle cocopeat to make it convenient for the person.
How to use Germination Kit?
- Take the seedling tray and fill it up with cocopeat with the help of the wooden spoon.
- Put the seeds in the seedling tray and layer them with the cocopeat again.
- Water the seeds with the help of the spray bottle.
- Wait for 1 week for the seeds to germinate.
- Use vermicompost to provide to provide nutrients to the growing plant every week.
3. Seed Card
A seed card is a biodegradable paper that is used for gifting seeds in a different way. It is made of waste paper by adding seeds while setting the paper in the frame. After the handmade paper gets dry, the small flower seed is embedded in it which is further planted in the garden. Tear the paper, dig the soil and plant the seed card in it. As soon as the seed starts growing, the paper will compost away. You can also get your customized message written on the seed card! It works great for gifting purposes.
4. Sustainable Lifestyle Pack
This lifestyle pack is biodegradable and does no harm to the environment. We care about mother nature but are most often not provided with any options to not harm it. But now you do! In the sustainable lifestyle pack, all products are made using bamboo and are reusable. This lifestyle pack comes under the best sustainable products online. The Lifestyle Pack has 4 products i.e. Bamboo Toothbrush, Natural Reusable Bamboo Straw, Anti-hair fall neem Wooden Comb, and Wooden tongue cleaner.
These are products which we find in every household but if we can make a change, then why not protect our nature even while brushing our teeth?
5. Self Watering Bird
Are you tired of watering the plants every day after every few hours? The self-watering birds are self-explanatory. They will water your plants on their own and are easily available sustainable products online!
It is a delicate bird made up of glass, with an open pipe made up of fiber to water the plant. It is mostly used to maintain office gardens and would look classy as a gift! It is also a great option if you’re planning to go on a vacation but are worried about your plants. The self-watering bird will work perfectly for at least 2 weeks. All you have to do is fill the bird with water and the rest will be taken care of by the self-watering bird!
Here are some more customized affordable gifts for your loved ones-
- Small cute glass jars can be gifted to those who love to make their own cosmetic items.
- Wooden Pot Stickers are sustainable stickers which looks classy on the garden pots.
- Cow Dung Diya is the eco-friendly diya which after using you can crumble it and use it in your garden.
- Seed Bottle can be gift with seed card for any family functions. Try this seed bottle this season with lotus seeds to bring happiness and prosperity in house.
Here are some other amazing sustainable products online to gift!
Here are some other blogs which make your Green Space more Greener!
- Gardening Calender Blogs
- Sustainable Gifting Ideas
- Gardener Stories
- Garden Care Blogs
- Miniature Garden Decor
- Gardening Workshops
Have a look on some amazing Videos of Gardening!
- Learn how to do Grafting of Hibiscus Plant.
- Know how to start gardening at beginner stage.
- How to make your own Waterfall and planters.