White onions are a cultivar of dry onions. It has a mild tangy flavour and is often used in salads and sandwiches. Try our non-GMO white onion seeds.
Number of seeds in a packet – 10
- Difficulty level – Moderate
- Height – 1-3 feet
- Plant Colour- Green
- Type – Both indoor and outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Thrice a weekSunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1-2 weeks
- Repotting Time – 3 weeks
- Harvesting time – 12 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 12°C-22°C
- Season – Winter and spring
HOW TO GROW
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 2 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water thrice a week.
- Seeds will germinate within 1-2weeks.
- Re-pot the sapling to a Medium Size Pot in 3 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to harvest is 12 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermi Compost and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Allium cepa blanc
Hindi : Saphed pyaaj (सफे द ाज)
Tamil :Veḷḷai veṅkāyam(ெவள்ைள ெவங்காயம்)
Telugu : Telupu ullipāya( ఉయ)
Kannada : Biḷi īruḷḷi ( ಈ )
Bengali : Sādā pēm̐ẏāja (সাদা পঁয়াজ)
Marathi : Pāṇḍharā kāndā (पांढरा कांदा)
Malayalam : veḷutta uḷḷi (െവളു ഉി)