Amaranth (Thotakura) is a green leafy vegetable rich in potassium. The leaves of Amaranth are a storehouse for many phytonutrients, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins which contribute immensely to health and wellness. Try our Non-GMO Amaranth Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 10
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – 92 – 152 cms
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – 1 – 2 times a week
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Harvesting Time – 5 weeks
- Temperature – 65°F – 85°F
- Season – annual
HOW TO GROW AMARANTH FROM SEEDS
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Sprinkle the seeds around the Growbag.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat lightly and spray with water.
- Water 1 – 2 times a week.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil adds Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Amaranthus viridis
amaranth (thotakura) seed in hindi: chaulaee ka beej (चौलाई का बीज)
amaranth (thotakura) seed in tamil: amarant vitai (அமராந்த் விதை)
amaranth (thotakura) seed in telugu: usiri ginja (ఉసిరి గింజ)
amaranth (thotakura) seed in kannada: amaranth bija (ಅಮರಂಥ್ ಬೀಜ)
amaranth (thotakura) seed in marathi: rajagira biyane (राजगिरा बियाणे)
amaranth (thotakura) seed in malayalam: amaranthu vithu (അമരന്ത് വിത്ത്)