Commonly known as young corn or cornlets it is a cereal grain taken from corn (maize) harvested early while the stalks are still small and immature and are eaten whole with cob included. Baby Corn is a smaller version of sweet corn. It goes well in appetizers and in curries as well. Try our Non-GMO Baby Corn Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 3
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – 6 – 8 feet
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – every day
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Harvesting Time – 8 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 65°F – 85°F
- Season – all season except peak summer
HOW TO GROW BABY CORN FROM SEEDS
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 4 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat.
- Spray with water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Keep the soil moist not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Re-pot the sapling to a Medium Size Pot in 2 – 3 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Zea mays
baby corn seed in hindi: bebee korn beej (बेबी कॉर्न बीज)
baby corn seed in tamil: kulantai cola vitai (குழந்தை சோள விதை)
baby corn seed in telugu: bebi karn sid (బేబీ కార్న్ సీడ్)
baby corn seed in kannada: bebi karn bija (ಬೇಬಿ ಕಾರ್ನ್ ಬೀಜ)
baby corn seed in marathi: bebi korna biyane (बेबी कॉर्न बियाणे)
baby corn seed in malayalam: bebi con vithu (ബേബി കോൺ വിത്ത്)
Other names: Young corn, cornlets, baby sweetcorn, mini corn, candle corn