Growing the long green seed-filled fruit to add a delight to our salad in our home garden is always exciting. Cucumber has a good amount of water content with lots of antioxidants. Try our Non-GMO Cucumber Seeds (fruits). Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 5
- Difficulty Level – moderate
- Color – light green
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – every day
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 3 – 10 days
- Fruiting Time – 45 – 50 days after sowing
- Suitable Temperature – 75°F – 85°F
- Season – warm season
- Sowing – february – march
- Harvesting – 50 – 70 days
HOW TO GROW CUCUMBER FROM SEEDS
- Soak the seeds for 4 – 6 hours before planting.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water every day.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to fruit is 9 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Cucumis sativus
cucumber seed in hindi: kheere ka beej (खीरे का बीज)
cucumber seed in tamil: vellari vitai (வெள்ளரி விதை)
cucumber seed in telugu: dosakaya ginnja (దోసకాయ గింజ)
cucumber seed in kannada: sautekayi bija (ಸೌತೆಕಾಯಿ ಬೀಜ)
cucumber seed in marathi: kakadice bi (काकडीचे बी)
cucumber seed in malayalam: kukkumbar vithu (കുക്കുമ്പർ വിത്ത്)
Other names: Gherkin