Seedling Tray/Germination Tray (4 holes) gardening essentials, there are cells (holes) throughout the trays. Seedling trays are used for propagating vegetables and flowers and other plants from seed. They are also used for taking plant cuttings.
Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Seedling trays or seed trays are made up of foldable plastic material.
- Height (cms) – 3
- Length (cms) – 1.5
HOW TO USE
- Fill the tray with cocopeat or Vermicompost.
- Make a hole with a pencil in the cocopeat, 10 mm deep and place one seed in the hole and cover it with cocopeat.
- Sprinkle some water on cocopeat barely enough to make it moist using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Keep the tray in the dark for some days and sprinkle water to keep it moist until germination happens.
- Once the seed germinates, keep the tray in the shade until the sapling grows to 6 cm.
- Transfer the sapling to a grow bag once the saplings are 6cm long.
- A seedling-starter tray keeps precious plantlings away from excess sun, rain, and pests
- Seedling trays facilitate the use of a wider range of herbicides and are more efficient while growing hybrid seeds which can be expensive compared to traditional ones.
- Done properly, seedling trays cushion your seeds against fungal diseases common in the conventional method.