Grow your iconic summertime treats at your home garden. As the name suggests Watermelon is a fruit with a high water content that cools the body’s temperature. Watermelon can be used in juice and other desserts. Try our Non-GMO Watermelon Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 3
- Difficulty Level – moderate
- Vine Height – 6 – 8 feet
- Flower Color – yellow
- Fruit Color – green skin and red pulp with seeds
- Type – outdoor
- Requires support of stakes or trellis
- Bears unisexual flowers that need cross-pollination for fruiting
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – every day
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 4 – 12 days
- Repotting Time – 1 week after germination
- Flowering Time – 6 – 10 weeks
- Fruiting Time – 12 – 16 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 65°F – 95°F
- Season – spring to summer
- Harvesting – summer
HOW TO GROW WATERMELON FROM SEEDS
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using spray gun or spray bottle.
- Keep the soil moist not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within 1 – 2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to fruit is 12 – 16 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Citrillus lunatus
watermelon seed in hindi: tarabooj ka beej (तरबूज का बीज)
watermelon seed in tamil: tarpucani vitai (தர்பூசணி விதை)
watermelon seed in telugu: puccakaya sid (పుచ్చకాయ సీడ్)
watermelon seed in kannada: kallangadi bija (ಕಲ್ಲಂಗಡಿ ಬೀಜ)
watermelon seed in marathi: tarabuja biyane (टरबूज बियाणे)
watermelon seed in malayalam: thannimathan vithu (തണ്ണിമത്തൻ വിത്ത്)
Other names: Citrullus vulgaris, melon