The Areca Palm plant is a slow-growing plant and makes a great addition to your indoors. Areca palms need a humid environment. Try our non-GMO Areca Palm Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 3
- Difficulty Level – moderately easy
- Plant Height – up to 7 feet
- Color – green
- Type – indoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt once a month
- Watering – keep the soil moist
- Sunlight – bright indirect sunlight
- Germination Time – several weeks – several months
- Suitable Temperature – 65°F – 75°F
- Season – any time of the year
- Sowing – spring or early summer
HOW TO GROW ARECA PALM FROM SEEDS
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Sprinkle the seeds around the Growbag.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat lightly and spray with water.
- Keep the soil moist.
- It may take several weeks to several months for the seeds to germinate.
- Bright indirect sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Dypsis lutescens
areca palm seed in hindi: supaaree taad ke beej (सुपारी ताड़ के बीज)
areca palm seed in tamil: kattu panai vitai (காட்டு பனை விதை)
areca palm seed in telugu: areka tati ginja (అరెకా తాటి గింజ)
areca palm seed in kannada: areka tale bija (ಅರೆಕಾ ತಾಳೆ ಬೀಜ)
areca palm seed in marathi: areca pama biyane (areca पाम बियाणे)
areca palm seed in malayalam: arakka eenthappana vithu (അരക്ക ഈന്തപ്പന വിത്ത്)
Other names: Golden cane palm, yellow palm, butterfly palm