Palasah_jivika By Yashika
Yashika is a pahadi girl based in Nainital, India and living a slow mountain life. She has two major loves in her life, plants and hills. Yashika is a gardening influencer with an active Instagram page and YouTube channel by the name “palasah_jivika.” Palasah in Sanskrit means green and Jivika means lifestyle, so by the name of her channel, she means green lifestyle.
Yashika is a Pahadi girl born in nanital who moved to Delhi for her studies and work. During the COVID lockdown, she had to come back home and thus her gardening journey started. Yashika from her childhood has seen her mother and grandmother growing and harvesting crops. According to her the experience with gardening came with age and she has been actively gardening for 6 years now.
Lessons straight from Yashika’s garden
Yashika on her Instagram channel teaches ways to propagate office table plants like the ZZ plant, bunny cactus, money plant, spider plant and many more. It is basically for people who are living a very busy life and have little time to maintain a green space at home.
During her stay in Delhi, she had a beautiful balcony garden where she used to grow flowers like hibiscus, vegetables like spinach, tomato, coriander, curry leaves and different types of succulents and indoor plants. So, on her YouTube and Instagram, she has several videos where she teaches ways to propagate these plants
She also teaches ways to treat mealy bugs that attacked her hibiscus plants. So the simple way of treating them was spraying shampoo water on them as mealy bugs have a waxy nature and shampoo water lets them break the bond.
Thomas Moore rightly said, “The garden reconciles human art and wild nature, hard work and deep pleasure, spiritual practice and the material world. It is a magical place because it is not divided.” So, if you are someone looking for harmony between mind and heart through gardening you should definitely follow her to learn her gardening tips.
Here are some other blogs which make your Green Space Greener!
- Gardening Calendar Blogs
- Sustainable Gifting Ideas
- Gardener Stories
- Garden Care Blogs
- Miniature Garden Decor
- Gardening Workshops
Have a look at some amazing Videos on Gardening that might help you!
- Tips on planting homegrown plants and creating art with them as a beginner.
- How to preserve, plant, and grow flower seeds in monsoon, winter, and other seasons.
- Growing different vegetables, winter vegetables especially, and tips and tricks to preserve.
- Preserving fruits such as strawberries, Papaya, watermelon, muskmelon, etc.
- Know all about microgreens using examples such as microgreen spinach, microgreen sunflower, microgreen mustard, microgreen flax, etc.
- Using gardening tools such as pots, trays, growing bags, moss sticks, watering cans, etc.
Here are some Workshops that might help you if you are new to Gardening!
- Learn how to Grow Plants in Water by watching our workshop.
- Watch our workshop on Growing Indoor Plants.
- Know more about on Growing Wild Greens.
- Workshop on Urban Permaculture.