5 Best Flowering Plants To Buy In The Monsoon
Well if you are craving hot tea and pakodas during these rainy days why not cherish these with a studding view? Just think about the smell of flowers and that earthly smell after a heavy downpour. Don’t you think having tea amidst this environment would be the most surreal experience which can create an everlasting memory?
So to enjoy this why not have some flowering plants to decorate your balcony, porch, and garden and enjoy this monsoon? Thus, to help you out here we have recommended a few flowering plants which thrive and grow well in monsoon. So, keep reading if you want to know more.
The jasmine flower, also called mogra, is a perennial plant which means it grows all around the year. The blooming flower produces pleasant fragrances and is commonly used in the production of essential oils. When grown with non-flowering plants, jasmine has an outstanding aesthetic appeal.
Mogra has a meaningful symbol in Indian culture growing it creates happy relationships, particularly with family and friends. The best time to grow Jasmine’s is during the monsoon season.
Hibiscus grows in a deciduous shrub which produces large, trumpet-shaped flowers with dark green foliage. It grows abundantly during the monsoon season, with five-petalled funnel-shaped colorful flowers in shades of red, peach, orange, and yellow. The flowers bloom frequently from mid-summer until the beginning of the monsoon. These flowers attract butterflies and hummingbirds, adding spectacular beauty to your garden.
Calendula, also known as pot marigold, is a beautiful flowering plant that grows in hues of yellow and orange. It can bloom in chilly and damp conditions, making it an ideal choice for gardens during the monsoon season. However, it’s important to avoid planting them in soil that’s too damp.
These plants love abundant sunlight and can grow in any type of soil. Furthermore, calendula blooms are edible and make a lovely addition to summer salads.
Petunias are the most famous annual flowers. They’re perfect for the rainy season. With about 400 different types, petunias boast a variety of colours, shapes, and patterns. They make a great addition to any garden, you can also add them to window boxes, bed tables, table tops, and more.
Cosmos are quick-growing exotic annual flowers that can brighten up your summer garden. It comes in a variety of colours, ranging from pink to yellow to orange, that are sure to impress your visitors. With their long green stems and vibrant colours, these are perfect for adding a touch of wildflower charm to any expansive country garden.
Furthermore, their flowers make a beautiful addition to any table, giving a visual appeal to your home. With their fluffy leaves and daisy-like blossoms, these annual flowers are gardeners’ favorites.
Here are some other blogs which make your Green Space more Greener!
- Gardening Calendar Blogs
- Sustainable Gifting Ideas
- Gardener Stories
- Garden Care Blogs
- Miniature Garden Decor
- Gardening Workshops
Have a look at some amazing Videos on Gardening that might help you!
- Tips on planting homegrown plants and creating art with them as a beginner.
- How to preserve, plant, and grow flower seeds in monsoon, winter, and other seasons.
- Growing different vegetables, winter vegetables especially, and tips and tricks to preserve.
- Preserving fruits such as strawberries, Papaya, watermelon, muskmelon, etc.
- Know all about microgreens using examples such as microgreen spinach, microgreen sunflower, microgreen mustard, microgreen flax, etc.
- Using gardening tools such as pots, trays, growing bags, moss sticks, watering cans, etc.
Here are some Workshops that might help you if you are new to Gardening!
- Convert your small space into a green jungle.
- How to upcycle DIY’s for home decor
- Watch our workshop on using biochemical enzymes instead of chemicals in gardening.
- Workshop on stepping towards sustainability.