5 Flowering Plants To Grow in August
August is the best time to dig and divide perennial flowers in your garden. By late summer, some annual flowers may look a bit worn out. Give your pots and planters a makeover by tucking in fresh, ready-to-bloom cool-season annual flowers that will keep the color show going through the fall. Keep your late-summer garden looking fantastic with these flowers to grow in August.
Zinnias are a popular annual flower that can add a pop of color to any garden. They come in a variety of bright colors and are easy to grow from seed. Zinnias bloom throughout the summer and into fall, making them a great choice for August. They also attract butterflies and hummingbirds, making them a great addition to any wildlife garden.
Coneflowers, also known as Echinacea, are a native perennial that blooms in late summer. They come in shades of pink, purple, and white and are known for their ability to attract pollinators like bees and butterflies. Coneflowers also have medicinal properties and can be used to make teas and tinctures.
3. Black-Eyed Susans
Black-eyed susans are another native perennial that blooms in the summer months. They have bright yellow petals and a dark brown center, giving them their distinctive look. Black-eyed Susans are easy to grow and can tolerate various growing conditions, making them a great choice for beginners.
Cosmos is an annual flower that comes in shades of pink, white, and purple. They are easy to grow from seed and can add a delicate touch to any garden. Cosmos also attract pollinators like bees and butterflies and can bloom well into the fall months.
Marigolds are another popular annual flower that blooms in the summer months. They come in shades of yellow, orange, and red and can be used to brighten up any garden bed or container. Marigolds are also known for their ability to repel pests, making them a great choice for vegetable gardens.
Here are some other blogs which make your Green Space Greener!
- Gardening Calendar Blogs
- Sustainable Gifting Ideas
- Gardener Stories
- Garden Care Blogs
- Miniature Garden Decor
- Gardening Workshops
Have a look at some amazing Videos of Gardening that might help you!
- Tips on planting homegrown plants and creating art with them as a beginner.
- How to preserve, plant, and grow flower seeds in monsoon, winter, and other seasons.
- Growing different vegetables, winter vegetables especially, and tips and tricks to preserve.
- Preserving fruits such as strawberries, Papaya, watermelon, muskmelon, etc.
- Know all about microgreens using examples such as microgreen spinach, microgreen sunflower, microgreen mustard, microgreen flax, etc.
- Using gardening tools such as pots, trays, growing bags, moss sticks, watering cans, etc.
Here are some Workshops that might help you if you are new to Gardening!
- Grow your own Winter garden.
- Know more about Winter Vegetables and learn to grow them at your home.
- Watch our workshop on Winter flowers and flowering plants.