Brinjal is one of the widely used vegetables across the globe. It is also known as India’s common man’s vegetable and has great health benefits. Brinjal is good for diabetes and a great weight loss partner for weight watchers. In addition to containing a high amount of vitamins and minerals, they contain antioxidants that protect the body from harmful substances. Try our Non-GMO Brinjal Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 12
- Difficulty Level – moderate
- Plant Height – 80 – 100 cm
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – every day
- Sunlight – full sunlight for minimum of 6 hours
- Germination Time – 1 – 2 weeks
- Fruiting Time – 8 – 9 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 70°F – 90°F
- Season – summer, monsoon, spring
HOW TO GROW BRINJAL FROM SEEDS
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep holes and put 2 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Keep the soil moist not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within 1 – 2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Solanum melongena
brinjal seed in hindi: baingan ke beej (बैंगन के बीज)
brinjal seed in tamil: kattari vitai (கத்தரி விதை)
brinjal seed in telugu: vankaya vittanam (వంకాయ విత్తనం)
brinjal seed in kannada: badane bija (ಬದನೆ ಬೀಜ)
brinjal seed in marathi: vangyace bi (वांग्याचे बी)
brinjal seed in malayalam: vazhuthana vithu (വഴുതന വിത്ത്)
Other names: Eggplant, aubergine