Commonly known by the name of “Green Onions”, these Spring Onions are very young. These green stems are hollow, bitter, pungent and have a crisp texture and flavor, and are very easy to grow. Try our Non-GMO Spring Onion Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 10
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – 30 – 50 cm
- Type – indoor and outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – alternate days
- Sunlight – full Sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Harvesting Time – 8 – 10 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 70°F – 80°F
- Season- all seasons
HOW TO GROW SPRING ONION FROM SEEDS
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 2 – 3 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using spray gun or spray bottle.
- Water on alternate days.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to harvest is 8 – 10 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Allium fistulosum
spring onion seed in hindi: haree pyaaj (हरी प्याज)
spring onion seed in tamil: venkaya vitai (வெங்காய விதை)
spring onion seed in telugu: vasanta ullipaya sid (వసంత ఉల్లిపాయ సీడ్)
spring onion seed in kannada: vasanta irulli bija (ವಸಂತ ಈರುಳ್ಳಿ ಬೀಜ)
spring onion seed in marathi: vasanta kanda biyane (वसंत कांदा बियाणे)
spring onion seed in malayalam: spreeng ulli vithu (സ്പ്രിംഗ് ഉള്ളി വിത്ത്)
Other names: Green onion, scallions
Raj Gupta –
All seeds germinated. Very happy with the seeds.
Anshupriya sharma –
Good germination in all seeds, Good quality.
very good germination
Manoj Kumar –
Good quality product
Ishank Khatar –
Received in very good condition
Inderjeet Kumar –
Swati Sinha –
Rachana Kapoor –
Priyank Sharma –
Haritha Nair –
Amazing service, received it on time
Divya D –
Good product !!