Activated charcoal is a form of carbon, which has developed pores by undergoing a process of activation. In this process, carbon is exposed to very high temperatures with various gases. Activated Farmer charcoal for horticultural plants, for terrariums, succulents, adenium, cactus, orchid, and ornamental plants. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Activated charcoal is a form of carbon, in which carbon is exposed to very high temperatures with various gases.
HOW TO USE
- Using a measuring tape, take the dimension and calculate the area of the planting site. Do make sure that the quantity of activated charcoal is proportional to the area of the garden. One pound of activated charcoal is sufficient for about two square feet of garden area.
- Make sure that the garden soil is not wet and dry enough for tilling (not overly dry and dusty). Pick up a handful of garden soil and squeeze it to make a ball of it. If the ball crumbles when you poke it, it can be tilled. If not, wait for the garden soil to turn dry enough for tilling.
- Using a tiller, like a rototiller, till the garden bed down to a depth of 8-10 inches. Remove roots, rocks, or any other such debris that you might find in your way.
- As mentioned in the first step, spread the charcoal on the tilled garden bed as per the area. Work the soil so that the charcoal embeds well to a depth of 6-8 inches. You can also add some amount of aged manure to the topsoil for added benefits.
- The next step is to water the soil thoroughly. You can also add fertilizer to the soil before watering. As the soil now contains activated charcoal, it will absorb both water and fertilizer much more effectively.
- Leave the site undisturbed for a couple of days till the soil becomes dry to the extent that it is workable. Your garden is now ready for planting.
It improves the drainage of the soil by making it more porous. Thus, decreasing the chances of waterlogging. It’s great for container gardeners as well. You can add a layer of granular activated charcoal at the bottom of the pot to improve drainage. Charcoal absorbs excess water in case of overwatering. Being a neutralizing agent, it balances the soil, when it’s too acidic for plants.
How to buy activated farmer charcoal for gardening online in India?
The Affordable Organic Store is the best site to buy activated farmer charcoal for gardening online in India with free delivery across India. You can get the best gardening seeds and the most affordable gardening seeds at The Affordable Organic Store. The Affordable Organic Store is your one-stop shop to buy vegetable seeds online, to buy herbs seeds online, to buy flowers seeds online, to buy microgreen seeds online, and to buy fruits seeds online for gardening needs.
You can also buy manure online here. You can also buy pots online for gardening, and gardening tools online. You can also buy cheap seeds online in The Affordable Organic Store. You can also buy Indian vegetable seeds online here. You also get free seeds on every purchase of seeds.