A jewel of an heirloom. A sturdy and showy plant that is resplendent with cascading brilliant red seed heads that dangle like rubies in a necklace. Try our Non-GMO Amaranthus Red Seeds. To know more click (Youtube / Blog).
Number of seeds in a packet – 10
- Colour – Red
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Everyday
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 4-10 days
- Flowering time – 5 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 28°C – 29°C
- Season – Annual
Sowing – Early fall
Harvesting – 6 weeks from germination
HOW TO GROW
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 3 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water every day.
- Seeds will germinate within 4-10 days.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to flower is 5 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Amaranthus
Hindi: Rajgira (राजगिरा )
Tamil: Siru keerai (சிரு கீரை)
Telugu: Tota kura (తోటకూర )
Kannada: Chilikaesoppu ( ಚಿಲಿಕಾಏಸೊಪ್ಪು)
Bengali: Chuka (চুক )
Marathi: Rajgira (राजगीरा )
Malayalam: Mulla cheera (മുല്ല ചീര)