Holy Basil is a traditional herb with lots of medicinal properties. It is essential in every home garden. They are known to be good mosquito repellent. Try our non-GMO Holy Basil Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 20
- Difficulty Level – easy
- Plant Height – up to 2 feet
- Type – indoor (balcony/ terrace)
- Aroma – a strong aroma and an astringent
- Flavor – slightly bitter flavor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom Salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – every day during summer and alternate days during winter
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 – 2 weeks
- Repotting Time – after 6 – 7 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 80°F – 90°F
- Season – annual
- Sowing – spring
HOW TO GROW HOLI BASIL/ TULSI FROM SEEDS
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make a ½ inch deep hole and put 4 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water every day during summer and alternate days during winter.
- Seeds will germinate within 14 days.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Ocimum tenuiflorum
holy basil/ tulsi seed in hindi: pavitr tulasee/tulasee ke beej (पवित्र तुलसी/तुलसी के बीज)
holy basil/ tulsi seed in tamil: punita tulaci/ tulaci vitai (புனித துளசி/ துளசி விதை)
holy basil/ tulsi seed in telugu: pavitra tulasi/ tulasi ginnja (పవిత్ర తులసి/ తులసి గింజ)
holy basil/ tulsi seed in kannada: pavitra tulasi/ tulasi bija (ಪವಿತ್ರ ತುಳಸಿ/ ತುಳಸಿ ಬೀಜ)
holy basil/ tulsi seed in marathi: pavitra tulasa/ tulaśice bija (पवित्र तुळस/ तुळशीचे बीज)
holy basil/ tulsi seed in malayalam: visudha thulasi/ thulasi vithu (വിശുദ്ധ തുളസി/ തുളസി വിത്ത്)
Other Name: Tulasi