Turmeric Bulb is great for beginners who are home gardeners. It comes with loads of health benefits. Turmeric is commonly used as a spice, but it is also known for its medicinal purposes. Try our non-GMO Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of bulbs in a packet – 1
- Difficulty Level – medium
- Plant Height – up to 3 feet
- Type – both indoor and outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – every 2 – 3 days for loamy soil
- Sunlight – full sun to partial shade
- Germination Time – 2 – 4 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 68°F – 86°F
- Season – spring
- Sowing – april – july
HOW TO GROW TURMERIC FROM BULBS
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and sow the bulb.
- Cover the roots of the bulb lightly with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water 2 times a week.
- The bulb will germinate within 2 – 4 weeks.
- Full sunlight is required.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Curcuma longa
turmeric bulb in hindi: haldee balb (हल्दी बल्ब)
turmeric bulb in tamil: mancal kumil (மஞ்சள் குமிழ்)
turmeric bulb in telugu: pasupu balb (పసుపు బల్బ్)
turmeric bulb in kannada: ariśina balb (ಅರಿಶಿನ ಬಲ್ಬ್)
turmeric bulb in marathi: haladica balba (हळदीचा बल्ब)
turmeric bulb in malayalam: manjal bulb (മഞ്ഞൾ ബൾബ്)