Freesias have long been a mainstay of attraction because of their intoxicating scent, long vase life, and an enticing array of jewel-toned colors. Freesias also symbolize innocence and purity, so they’re often gifted to welcome a new baby. They’re pretty popular to use for special occasions of weddings. Try our Freesia bulbs Online. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of bulbs in a packet – 1
- Difficulty Level- Easy.
- Plant Height- 6 to 12 inches
- Color – yellow, gold, white, cream/ivory/tan, pink, red, scarlet, orange, purple, lavender flowers.
- Type – outdoor plant.
- Feed –VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – about 1 inch every week during the growth and blooming periods (when the soil seems completely dry)
- Sunlight – warm, sheltered environment with plenty of sunlight.
- Germination Time – 25 to 30 days.
- Flowering time – 2-3 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 16°C – 21°C
- Season – All season
- Sowing – April to June
- Harvesting – September.
HOW TO GROW FREESIA PLANT FROM BULBS:
- Plant freesia bulb in well-drained soil or VermiCompost -end up in Cocopeat.
- Cover with soil and lightly water in.
- At a depth of 3-5cm, and spaced 5cm apart. Water well and then stand the pot in a cool, shaded, frost-free place – a temperature of around 5°C is ideal.
- Then moderately water during active growth and blooming.
- After 3-4 weeks when shoots appear, move into a warmer and sunny position.
- Provide with Cocopeat and spray with water using a spray gun spray bottle.
- Water 1 inch per week.
- Seeds will germinate within 1-2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to flower is 2-3 weeks.
- Botanical name: Freesia
- Freesia flower in Hindi: freeshiya phool ( फ़्रीशिया फूल)
- Freesia flower in Kannada: Phrīsiyā hūvu (ಫ್ರೀಸಿಯಾ ಹೂವು)
- Freesia flower in Bengali: Phrisiẏā phula (ফ্রিসিয়া ফুল)
- Freesia flower in Tamil: Ḥprīciyā malar (ஃப்ரீசியா மலர்)
- Freesia flower in Telugu: Phrīsiyā puvvu (ఫ్రీసియా పువ్వు)
- Freesia flower in Marathi: Phrīsiyā phool ( फ्रीसिया फ्लॉवर)
- Freesia flower in Malayalam: phrīsiya puṣpaṁ (ഫ്രീസിയ പുഷ്പം)
- Other names: Freesia.
How to buy a freesia bulb online in India?
The Affordable Organic Store is the best site to buy Freesia Bulb in India with free delivery across India. You can get the best gardening seeds and the most affordable gardening seeds on The Affordable Organic Store. The Affordable Organic Store is your one-stop shop to buy vegetable seeds online, to buy herbs seeds online, to buy flowers seeds online, to buy microgreen seeds online, and to buy fruits seeds online for gardening needs.
You can also buy manure online here. You can also buy pots online for gardening, gardening tools online. You can also buy cheap seeds online in The Affordable Organic Store. You can also buy Indian vegetable seeds online here. You also get free seeds on every purchase of seeds.