White onions are a cultivar of dry onions. It has a mild tangy flavor and is often used in salads and sandwiches. Try our non-GMO white onion seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 10
- Difficulty Level – moderate
- Plant Height – 1 – 3 feet
- Type – both indoor and outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – thrice a week
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 – 2 weeks
- Repotting Time – 3 weeks
- Harvesting Time – 12 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 55°F – 70°F
- Season – winter and spring
HOW TO GROW WHITE ONION FROM SEEDS
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Sprinkle the seeds around the Growbag.
- Cover the seeds gently with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water thrice a week.
- Seeds will germinate within two weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Allium cepa
white onion seed in hindi: saphed pyaaj ke beej (सफेद प्याज के बीज)
white onion seed in tamil: vellai venkaya vitai (வெள்ளை வெங்காய விதை)
white onion seed in telugu: tella ullipaya vittanam (తెల్ల ఉల్లిపాయ విత్తనం)
white onion seed in kannada: bili irulli bija (ಬಿಳಿ ಈರುಳ್ಳಿ ಬೀಜ)
white onion seed in marathi: pandhara kanda biyane (पांढरा कांदा बियाणे)
white onion seed in malayalam: velutha ulli vithu (വെളുത്ത ഉള്ളി വിത്ത്)
Other names: Sweet onion