Turnip is a starchy root vegetable that is round in shape with a creamy white body and purple top. They are great sources of folate and vitamin C. Blanch, flavor or eat them raw with other uncooked salad vegetables. Try the Demand Turnip F1 Purple Top Seeds.
- Difficulty Level – Medium
- Vegetable Color – Creamy White with purple shade on top
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed and Epsom salt once a month for greener leaves.
- Watering – 2-4 times a week.
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time –1-2 weeks
- Repotting Time – 3 weeks
- Time Till Harvest – 6-9 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 10 -25°C
- Season – Winter and spring
HOW TO GROW – Turnip F1 Purple Top
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep holes and put 2-3 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using spray gun or spray bottle.
- Keep the soil moist, not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within 1-2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical Name: Brassica rapa subsp. rapa
Hindi : Shalajam (शलजम)
Tamil : Tarnip (டர்னிப்)
Telugu : Tarnip (టర్నిప్)
Kannada : Navilukosu (ನವಿಲುಕೋಸು)
Marathi : Salagama (सलगम)
Bengali: Salagama (শালগম)