The snake gourd belongs to the family of Cucurbitaceae. It is a trailing vine with yellow flowers and club-shaped leaves. It is rich in vitamin A, B and C. Try our non-GMO snake gourd seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 5
- Difficulty Level – medium
- Plant Height – up to 6 feet
- Vegetable Color – green with white stripes
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month
- Watering – once a week
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 10 – 20 days
- Sowing – january – march and september – december
- Suitable Temperature – 80°F – 90°F
- Season – any season except peak winter
HOW TO GROW SNAKE GOURD FROM SEEDS
- Take a Growbag and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Sprinkle the seeds around the Growbag.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat lightly and spray with water.
- Water once a week.
- Seeds will germinate within 2 – 3 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil adds Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical Name: Trichosanthes cucumerina
snake gourd seed in hindi: saanp laukee ka beej (साँप लौकी का बीज)
snake gourd seed in tamil: pampu vitai (பாம்பு விதை)
snake gourd seed in telugu: pamu potlakaya vittanam (పాము పొట్లకాయ విత్తనం)
snake gourd seed in kannada: havina sorekayi bija (ಹಾವಿನ ಸೋರೆಕಾಯಿ ಬೀಜ)
snake gourd seed in marathi: sarpadanśa bi (सर्पदंश बी)
snake gourd seed in malayalam: paambaakka vithu (പാമ്പാക്ക വിത്ത്)
Other names: Serpent gourd