A jewel of an heirloom. A sturdy and showy plant that is resplendent with cascading brilliant red seed heads that dangle like rubies in a necklace. Try our Non-GMO Amaranthus Tricolour Seeds. To know more click (YouTube).
Number of seeds in a packet – 30
- Colour – Red, Yellow, White
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – 3 times a week
- Sunlight – Full direct sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Flowering time – 14 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 25°C – 30°C
- Season – Annual
- Sowing – Early fall
- Harvesting – Winter
- HOW TO GROW
- Soak the seeds for 4-6 hours before planting.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make a ½ inch deep hole and put 4 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water 3 times a week.
- Amaranthus Tricolor Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to flower is 14 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil adds Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Amaranthus
Hindi: Rajgira (राजगिरा)
Tamil: Siru keerai (சிரு கீரை)
Telugu: Tota kura (తోటకూర)
Kannada: Chilikaesoppu ( ಚಿಲಿಕಾಏಸೊಪ್ಪು)
Bengali: Chuka (চুক)
Marathi: Rajgira (राजगीरा)
Malayalam: Mulla cheera (മുല്ല ചീര)
Other Name: Amarnath