Zucchini is a traditional staple vegetable of the ratatouille recipe. It’s a leaner member of the squash family – almost resembling a slender form of a pumpkin with the shape of a fat cucumber. Try Zucchini seeds from Biocarve at the best Price.
1 Pack contains nearly 20 seeds.
- Difficulty Level – Easy
- An individual plant may occupy 10 to 16 square feet, suitable for container gardening and hanging pots as well. Cross-pollination is required for fruiting.
- Flower Color – Yellow
- Fruit Color – Dark green
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCom0post for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Everyday
- Sunlight – Full sunlight (>6 hours)
- Germination Time – 1 to 2 weeks
- Repotting Time- 3 to 4 weeks
- Flowering Time – 4 to 5 weeks
- Harvesting Time – 8 to 9 weeks
- Suitable Temperature
- For germination – 25 to 32°C
- For growth – 20 to 35°C
- Season – Warm seasons
HOW TO GROW
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make 1 inch deep holes and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Keep the medium moist not soggy.
- Seeds will germinate within 1-2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Also prefers direct sowing.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil adds Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name : Cucurbita pepo
Hindi : turee (तुरई)
Tamil : Cīmai curaikkāy (சீமை சுரைக்காய்)
Telugu : Gum’maḍikāya (గుమ్మడికాయ)
Kannada : Kumbaḷakāyiyannu hōluva cīnīkāyi (ಕುಂಬಳಕಾಯಿಯನ್ನು ಹೋಲುವ ಚೀನೀಕಾಯಿ)