Growing the long green seed-filled fruit to add a delight to our salad in our home garden is always exciting. Cucumber has a good amount of water content with lots of antioxidants. Try our Non-GMO Cucumber Seeds. To know more click here (Youtube / Blog).
Number of seeds in a packet – 5
- Colour – Light green
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Everyday
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Fruiting time – 9 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 15°C – 24°C
- Season – All seasons
Sowing – Early summer
Harvesting – 9 weeks from germination
HOW TO GROW
- Soak the seeds for 4-6 hours before planting.
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water every day.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to fruit is 9 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Cucumis sativus
Hindi: Kheera (खीरा)
Tamil: Vellari (வெள்ளரி)
Telugu: Dosakaye (దోసకాయ)
Kannada: Sautekayi (ಸೌತೆಕಾಯಿ)
Bengali: Sasa (শসা)
Marathi: Kaakdi (काकडी)
Malayalam: vellarika (വെള്ളരിക്ക)