Papaya is a delicious fruit that gives a yummy delight to your taste senses and can be grown in your home garden. Try our Non-GMO Papaya Seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 3
- Difficulty Level – moderate
- Grows into a small tree
- Cross-pollination is required for fruiting
- Color – changes to orange as it ripens and seeds become darker
- Type – outdoor
- Feed – Vermicompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves, and Epsom salt for better germination once a month
- Watering – twice a week
- Sunlight – full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 – 2 weeks
- Repotting Time – 3 – 4 weeks
- Flowering Time – 7 – 10 months
- Fruiting Time – nearly 1 year
- Suitable Temperature – 75°F – 85°F
- Season – perennial
HOW TO GROW PAPAYA FROM SEEDS
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using a spray gun or spray bottle.
- Water twice a week.
- Seeds will germinate within 1 – 2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- Time to fruit is nearly 1 year.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, Vermicompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Carica papaya
papaya seed in hindi: papeeta beej (पपीता बीज)
papaya seed in tamil: pappali vitai (பப்பாளி விதை)
papaya seed in telugu: boppayi ginnja (బొప్పాయి గింజ)
papaya seed in kannada: pappayi bija (ಪಪ್ಪಾಯಿ ಬೀಜ)
papaya seed in marathi: papa’i biyane (पपई बियाणे)
papaya seed in malayalam: pappaaya vithu (പപ്പായ വിത്ത്)
Other names: Papaye, papayi, pawpaw, papaw