Grow your iconic summertime treats at your home garden. As the name suggests watermelon is a fruit with a high water content that cools the body’s temperature. Watermelon can be used in juice and other desserts. Try our Non-GMO Watermelon Seeds. To know more click here (Blog)
Number of seeds in a packet – 3
- Color – Green skin with Red fruit with seeds
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – Everyday
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – a week
- Fruiting time – 12 weeks
- Suitable Temperature -18°C – 35°C
- Season – Perennial
- Sowing – January
- Harvesting – 12 weeks from germination
HOW TO GROW
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 1 seed in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water.
- Water every day.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to fruit is 12 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Citrillus lunatus
Hindi: Tarbooj (तरबूज)
Tamil: Tarpoosani (தர்பூசணி)
Telugu: Puccakaya (పుచ్చకాయ)
Kannada: Kallangadi (ಕಲ್ಲಂಗಡಿ)
Bengali: Tarmuja (তরমুজ)
Marathi: Tarbuja (टरबूज)
Malayalam: Tannimattan (തണ്ണിമത്തൻ)