Gongura or Roselle is a leaf that is used in Pickles and Curries. It is rich in iron. Try our Non-GMO Gongura (Roselle) Seeds. To know more click here (Youtube)
Number of seeds in a packet – 10
- Difficulty Level-Easy
- Plant Height- 182-244cm
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed once a month for greener leaves and Epsom salt for better blooming once a month.
- Watering – 3 times a week
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination Time – 1 week
- Repotting Time- 2 weeks
- Harvesting time – 4 week
- Suitable Temperature – 23°C – 29°C
- Season – Annual
- Sowing – Winter
HOW TO GROW
- Take a Seedling Tray and fill it with Cocopeat.
- Make ½ inch deep hole and put 3 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Cocopeat and spray with water using spray gun or spray bottle.
- Water 3 times a week.
- Seeds will germinate within a week.
- Re-pot the sapling to a Medium Size Pot in 2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time to harvest is 4 weeks.
- Take a Medium Size Pot and add a Potting Mix.
- If planting in the soil add Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Hibiscus sabdariffa
Hindi: Pitwaa (पिटवा)
Tamil: Pulicha Keerai (புளிச்ச கீரை)
Telugu: Gongura (గోంగూర)
Kannada: Gongura Hege (ಗೊಂಗುರ ಹೇಗೆ)
Bengali: Mestapat (মস্তাপেট)
Marathi: Ambada (अंबाडा)
Malayalam: Ennane Gongura (എങ്ങനെ ഗോംഗുര)