Tar Kakri or Armenian cucumber is a long longitudinally grooved vegetable that is usually eaten raw. It tastes similar to the common cucumber and contains lots of fibers. Try our Non-GMO Tar Kakri seeds. Also, check out our workshops for more details.
Number of seeds in a packet – 5
- Difficulty Level – Medium
- Plant Height – 35 to 40 cm
- Type – Outdoor
- Feed – VermiCompost for nutrients every week, Seaweed, and Epsom salt once a month.
- Watering – Everyday
- Sunlight – Full sunlight
- Germination time – 1 – 2 weeks
- Harvesting time – 7 – 9 weeks
- Suitable Temperature – 18°C – 27°C
- Season – All seasons
HOW TO GROW TAR KAKRI FROM SEEDS
- Take a medium to the bigger sized pot or grow bag and fill it with Potting Mix.
- Make ½ inch deep holes and put 2 seeds in each hole.
- Fill the hole with Potting Mix and spray with water using spray gun or spray bottle.
- Seeds will germinate within 1 – 2 weeks.
- Full sunlight is needed.
- The time of harvest is 7 – 9 weeks.
- Sow the seeds in a Seedling Tray filled with Cocopeat and replant it within one week after seedling emergence.
- If planting in the soil adds Neem Cake Powder, VermiCompost, and Seaweed.
Botanical name: Cucumis melo
tar kakri seed in hindi: Tar Kakri (तार खीरा)
tar kakri seed in tamil: Velarikkay (வெள்ளரிக்காய்)
tar kakri seed in telugu: Dosakaya (దోసకాయ)
tar kakri seed in kannada: Sautekayi (ಸೌತೆಕಾಯಿ)
tar kakri seed in bengali: Sasa (শসা)
tar kakri seed in marathi: Kakadi (काकडी)
tar kakri seed in malayalam: Vellarikka (വെള്ളരിക്ക)
Dr Blanch Gonsalves (verified owner) –
Really good quality seeds
Janvi Bisen –
Very satisfied with the harvest
they have grown were tall
Raman k –
Growing very well
Mohammad Moin –
Very well grown
Umed Khurrana –
Suyasha Shetty –
Sagneya Singh –
Good one to buy
Rohan Gupta –
Happy with the purchase
Nisha Agarwal –
Added it to my vegetable garden.
Prafulla kumar sahoo (verified owner) –
Nice seeds let’s see how it’s grow.
ANija Reji –
Worth of the money